Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mi mundo

This map is painted on the wall of the entryway into a hotel in nearby San Cristobal, where I seem to find myself at least once or twice a month. I have a feeling when the temperature is 110 F and we have 90-something percent humidity, I may find myself up there in that mountain town more often.
Anyhow, I think this is a FABULOUS depiction of Chiapas and the surrounding areas. I definitely haven't seen a lot of it... but I have checked out Tuxtla, of course, San Cristobal, the Canon del Sumidero, Chiapa de Corzo, Chamula, Zinacantan, Puerto Arista, Tapachula.... okay, as I start the list I realize that I've seen a good amount of the places around me... here's to seeing more in the next three months!
June 30th I'm heading home! ...For a little while, anyway.

No comments: