Monday, November 27, 2006

Halloween and Day of the Dead


Since I work at an American school in Mexico, we celebrated Halloween (Oct. 31) and Day of the Dead (Nov. 2) on November first with a half-day of school and altares de los muertos, which are food and flower, etc. offerings to deceased loved ones, as well as candy skull heads with names of living people on them, with a purpose that I fail to remember...
Anyhow, here I offer some pictures of my first grade lovelies, the altares, and Mr. Glenn has sent me pictures from booths at the market selling goods for Day of the Dead.
I think it would be great if we North Americans had a day to celebrate loved ones that we've lost, so that it doesn't always have to be so sad.
Pictures include: The two cutest witches and Harry Potter!! Till of course I have my own witch or Harry Potter, who I will invariably think is the cutest; Group 1B decked out for Halloween (my little buddy in the left corner looks as psyched for Halloween as he usually does for school), a few Group 1A kids in the corridor, and altar pictures.

No comments: