Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Puerto Arista


Last weekend (November 18-20) I was supposed to go to Huatulco, but Friday night I got some major intestinal bug or something and was to sick to get on the bus! So Sunday, once I'd pulled it together, I went with Jenn, the fourth grade teacher, to Puerto Arista, our nearest beach. Basically anywhere out of Tuxtla is relaxing, but watching waves crash while sitting under a palapa is beyond soothing.
On Sunday, a girl was walking down the beach offering hair braiding, so I said, "Why not?" and got the top of my head braided.
Also, the waiter at our restaurant on the beach got us in touch with the keeper of the lighthouse, and we got to go up to see the view...at night...well, the idea was nice. Upon seeing this menu, I said, "Wow, the food here is cheap!" because I thought that most of the menu items were 11 pesos...turns out this was a blonde moment, as the "elevens" were ditto marks for the dollar/peso signs. Oops.

No comments: