Monday, August 14, 2006

Come visit!


I'll take this moment to shamelessly plug coming to visit me in sunny southern Mexico! Free lodging, cheap food, and a built-in tour guide and half-decent translator await you in Tuxtla Gutierrez!
There's tons to do in the region, including the beach 2 hours away, San Cristobal less than an hour away, and a beautiful jungle canyon not far at all. I have TONS of long weekends throughout the year, so anyone who visited for a week or so that included one of these weekends would be able to travel a little in the area with me. My long weekends, as of now, are:
September 14-17 (4 day weekend for Mexican Independence or Chiapas joining Mexico, I forget which)
November 2 and 4-5 for Dia de las Muertas
November 18-20 (3 day weekend)
December 1-3 (3 day weekend)
February 3-5 (3 day weekend)
March 17-19 (3 day weekend)
April 28-May 1 (4 day weekend, not confirmed yet, but I do have the 1st off)
May 11-15 (5 day weekend) for Teachers' Day!
I also have 2.5 weeks off at the end of December and beginning of January, but I will be in upstate NY for a week and France for the second week. In April I have two weeks' vacation for Easter/Holy Week, but I'll most likely be home for part or all of that.

No comments: