Saturday, August 26, 2006

Intercultural Mingling

The English third grade teacher, Glenn, decided even before school started that he was going to have a party for the whole school at his house on the Friday of the first week of school. I wasn't sure if the idea would be forgotten, or how big the group would be, but it happened, and the turnout was great. Tons of teachers and staff from school, both foreign and Mexican, gathered in Kris and Glenn's [sweet] apartment. Many put away a ton of beer, others apple soda, and all enjoyed snacks before moving poolside. I managed to swim in my clothes, while others opted for (or had the option of) bathing suits and swim trunks. And Julio, one of the elementary P.E. teachers, drank too, too, too much and hit on everything female.
Inside pictures:
Teacher whose name I forgot, Paty, Annette, and Adriana (my boss)


Next picture: Girl I don't know who was trying VERY hard to speak English with us, Kris, and Tomas (elem. P.E.)


Next picture: Glenn taking my picture taking his picture


Next picture: Kris, Glen



Poolside Pictures:
We told Kris to "act natural"
I think Shelly is doing the respect salute?
Paty, Glenn, and Kris
Kris, Marlon, Lisa

No comments: